July 25, 2017
North Depot/Fesler Intersection Improvement Project
Drivers are advised that changes are coming to the intersection of North Depot Street and West Fesler Street.
The City is building a safety improvement project designed to slow vehicles, provide better pedestrian access, and add bike lanes, all the while improving traffic flow through the intersection.
What is changing?
- The addition of median islands in North Depot and West Fesler Streets, to guide and slow vehicle traffic;
- The addition of bike lanes through the intersection;
- Elimination of the STOP sign on northbound Depot Street;
- Installation of a STOP sign for westbound Fesler Street;
- Enhanced pedestrian crossing of West Fesler Street with a pedestrian refuge island.
An exhibit with photos and a street map of the changes can be found on the City of Santa Maria website at www.cityofsantamaria.org/depot.
The intersection work is anticipated to be completed and fully opened by September. This project is funded by a Highway Safety Improvement Program Grant and by gas tax revenues.
Questions may be directed to the Department of Public Works/Engineering Division, at 925-0951 extension 2225.
Department: Public Works/Engineering Division
Contact Person: Rodger A. Olds, Principal Civil Engineer
Telephone Number: (805) 925-0951 ext. 2225
E-mail Address: email@example.com