The Black Gold Cooperative Library System began in 1964. Its mission is to enhance library service to a million people in an 8,000 square mile area by providing services to member libraries. Black Gold serves public libraries in the counties of San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura.
The members of the Black Gold Cooperative Library System are:
- The Blanchard Community Library, Santa Paula, CA
- The Lompoc Public Library, Lompoc, CA
- The Paso Robles Public Library, Paso Robles, CA
- The San Luis Obispo City/County Library, San Luis Obispo, CA
- The Santa Barbara Public Library, Santa Barbara, CA
- The Santa Maria Public Library, Santa Maria, CA
Black Gold offers these services to member libraries:
- Creates and maintains the Black Gold Online Public Access Catalog of items in six public libraries.
- Provides bibliographic records for books.Provides delivery of books and materials.
- Provides library automation services.
- Provides staff training for quality service.
The Santa Maria Public Library is also a member of the Gold Coast Library Network, a multitype library organization which is part of the Library of California. You may also visit the Gold Coast Library Network website.